Sunday, December 16, 2007

Why I homeschool...

.

My kiddos are happy.

I have the support of my husband. I have the help of my mother.

I have great influence over what they learn and what they are exposed to. I get to spend a lot of time with my kids. I enjoy spending time with my kids. We get to go for Nature Walks whenever we feel like it because learning doesn't always have to happen at a desk. Plus we can take lots of field trips.

I can respect their natural rhythms. They get to eat when they are hungry and not when their scheduled lunch time is and they can go to the bathroom when they have to and they do not have to raise their hands. They can sleep until they wake up naturally and not to some artificial alarm clock. They do not have to wait on the corner for the bus that arrives promptly at 6:59 A.M.and doesn't return them until 3:15. I can teach them things when they are developmentally ready.

I care deeply for my kids. I have no faith in our public education system and instead of working a job to be able to afford private school I've decided to be the private school.

I love to teach and I love my kids.

I am trying to give them the gift of a happy and unhurried childhood.