Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A few days after Christmas, I promised Annabelle and Emerson that we would go geocaching together, but I realized that my GPS was in my car, which is in the shop. So we went back to a geocache that we had tried to find when Grammy and Bompa were here last time. It is called Tanglewood Trio.

This geocache is located in the cluster of trees in the center of this map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=30.178973,-97.841249&spn=0.000812,0.001195&t=h&z=20


Grammy and Bompa will recognize this right away...probably the hardest cache we have tried to find so far!

Anyway, with no GPS and I figured the kids would just have fun digging around.

I was trying to round up the kids to leave, and told them the cache probably wasn't here anymore, when Emerson said "Daddy, what's this?". Sure enough, he was holding the geocache container! It was about the size of a lighter, and inside of it were the coordi
nates for the next cache that we have to find! This is called a multi-cache, for all of you non-geocachers.



Way to go, Emerson! A future treasure finder, perhaps?

The adventure will continue! I'll let you know what we find at the next coordinates!

-Daddy