Friday, March 26, 2010

Cautionary Tale

Sometimes my little guy likes to snuggle a stuffed animal when he sleeps. Last night he asked for something to snuggle and I handed him his clown. His clown was hand made in the 70's and used to be my little bro's. The clown is about 2 feet tall and so well stuffed that he has some weight behind him. As I handed it to Emerson I noticed there was a 2 foot piece of yarn around the clown's neck.

Flashback....A few days earlier the kids were playing "santa's sleigh" and their stuffed animals were the reindeer pulling the stroller sleigh.

I noticed the yarn and consciously thought to myself...nothing will happen...it will be ok. (anyone who knows me knows that I am VERY safety aware...so that thought was a BIG step for me).

At 6:24 this morning I woke up to the rattled and muffled scream, "Mommy!.........Mommy!......the clown is choking me!"

The string must have wrapped around his neck as he spent the night tossing and turning like 4 year olds do....

When I got to him it wasn't super tight and I was able to easily grab the yarn and break it.