Friday, November 20, 2009

Children of the Earth


Today I made fire with friction using a bow drill.

WoW!!

My kids and I took a class with one of our homeschool groups based on the Teachings of Grandfather Stalking Wolf and Tom Brown Jr. with The Children of the Earth Foundation.

Their Survival teachings were about the Sacred Order: Shelter, Water, Fire and Food. We made a debris shelter (in the pouring rain). We played some tracking games, played an awareness game, and made fire using a bow drill (by far the high light for me).

There are not words to tell you how incredibly amazing this program is. We were all exhilarated, and mud covered after spending a cold rainy day learning from these wonderful guys, Rick, Juan, Dell, and Paul. Thanks so very much!!!!

And a special thanks to my friend, Jennifer, who got the ball rolling and brought these guys to our back yards and to Mundy for hosting and Wendy for being the driving force behind my fire making experience!!

I took no photos...we were having too much fun....