Thursday, December 10, 2009

Demo Day

For the past 16 weeks the kids have been attending a one day home-school enrichment academy. The semester ended with a demonstration from each class and a pot luck lunch. I knew this was a wonderful place for my children to spend one full day each week. I knew that because they love it soo much. They come home sweaty, paint covered, muddy, singing new songs, and excited to share their days with me. All of the teachers are so loving and I love the Waldorf inspired day. Annie's classes included Rhythm Gym (bal-a-vis-x), Native American History, Waldorf inspired Expressive Art, Creative Choir/Drama, Math Through Movement, and Outdoor Classroom. Emerson's classes included Spanish, playing in the creek, running around, art, and simply playing with his friends. As always, these videos do not do the performances justice...it was truly a magical day for Mike and me.

Emer's Spanish Class


Annie's Creative Choir


The Math Through Movement class demonstrates "counting by" times tables using their whole bodies to create patterns and shapes....very cool.