Sunday, December 6, 2009

Ren Fest 2009

On one of the man powered rides...
Princess Annie the Goat Whisperer...

We love going to Renaissance Festivals. They are just fun. We love the playfulness of it all and can't think of a better way to learn a little bit of history than through recreations and witty humor. I guess I love any kind of living history and any kind of dramatic play.

Rumor has it that the Texas Renaissance Festival is the largest in the country. I'm not certain of that fact, but I do know that it takes us two days to do and see all we want to and not feel rushed.

This year Mike and I dressed up. My dad made an amazing , to spec, Jester costume for Mike and he took on the alter ego of a Juggling Jester. He has pants, a shirt, a great classic Jester hat and cool shoe covers. (The pants, and hat were made out of recycled sheets from Good Will)
This is my costume....we didn't get any pics of all of us together so this photo is from the designer. I have a full skirt, corset, and full length chemise.

They each had $10 to spend and chose to get Racoon Tails, which they lovingly care for.


Until we meet again, fare thee well!