Saturday, December 5, 2009

Skin Deep

OK, I don't want to be "in your face" about this but this is a good article from my gym's publication, Experience Life, about the products we use every day. Read it or not. Sometimes "ignorance is bliss" sometimes its simply dangerous.

Through the years strangers have tended to tell me their life stories while in the grocery store, the bank, the dr's office, or where ever. I'm not sure why I have this effect on people....maybe its the eye contact or because I listen closely and engage them. I tell you sometimes I come home from the grocery store feeling the heavy weight of their life. Sometimes I share their joy. Sorrow or joy, I always seem to remember the details.

Lately it seems I've noticed people have been confiding in me that they have or have had cancer. I always ask them if they know what caused their cancer and many do not have an answer.

So anyway, the Experience Life Magazine article is about the products that we all use everyday, from hand soap to make up and even after shave. Give it a gander if you have time. It is a quick read.